Welcome to my refuge :)

Disney has become a daily retreat for me. We may only spend 10 days there a year (more if I'm truly blessed), but I have found that making Mickey a part of my daily life makes me feel much better. So I'm running with it! Luckily I have a patient husband and a laptop computer that allows me to do endless searching and planning. This blog is developing out of that. You are welcome to come along for the ride and offer your advice. I don't claim to be an expert, just a lover of the experience!

Right now whenever a post says "Update" that means it is a 2011 trip update and if you click on the tab with that date on it you can read that update.



Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sign right here please...

So along with designing the web pages for all the days of the trip I have lots of other Disney projects to complete before going. Some involve printing and cutting (getting the pages ready for our pin and penny books), others involve tie-dyeing Mickey heads onto t-shirts, yet others will require me to haul out my sewing machine and de-construct some clothing into some new, cooler clothing. I am one busy lady.
But my big non-web related project is finishing my autograph book.
No, no one wants my autograph. I'm getting ready to collect the autographs of almost 150 Disney characters. Now I know I won't get them all but we'll have fun trying!
The pages I'm designing are 8 1/2 x11 landscape and have the character's name, a color image, a small information box that tells a few facts about them, room for a signature, and room for a 4 x 6 photograph. I'm doing this for each character on my list.(Some of the information I'm using on the page I've taken out of books so I'm not showing you a page here, sorry!)
So far I have A- E done.
M scares me because there are 19 M's.
There are no I's, O's, V's, X's or Y's.
I plan to put the pages in a binder so they can be removed to sign. We're printing it on a color laser so it won't run. I'm excited to see the end  project.
Even if collecting all the signatures and photos is a multi-trip effort!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so crafty!!! Makes going to Disney like a scavenger hunt...

    ReplyDelete