Welcome to my refuge :)

Disney has become a daily retreat for me. We may only spend 10 days there a year (more if I'm truly blessed), but I have found that making Mickey a part of my daily life makes me feel much better. So I'm running with it! Luckily I have a patient husband and a laptop computer that allows me to do endless searching and planning. This blog is developing out of that. You are welcome to come along for the ride and offer your advice. I don't claim to be an expert, just a lover of the experience!

Right now whenever a post says "Update" that means it is a 2011 trip update and if you click on the tab with that date on it you can read that update.



Friday, November 12, 2010

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

I am SO ready to plan our trip. I know your thinking, "Kristin, it seems to me you already have things planned. You know the dates, the hotel, you even know where you're eating every meal."
But I'm eager to start making our daily touring plans; where we go as we enter the park in the morning and the order we do things in. Now I've never done this before but 1) it sounds like tons of fun and 2) I think it will help us be more efficient in the parks. We're awfully good at wandering around going "What should we do next?" and it wastes time. We always end up missing something I really want to do.
I don't plan on being so strict that my husband will hate me- this is still Disney and we want to have fun. Seven months out he's open to the idea so I don't want to press my luck.
So what's stopping me from starting? I need park times. I can't plan my days if I don't know what park will have Magic Hours what days and what time the shows are. I can't get those until six months out. I also don't want to plan our days until our ADRs are made the last week of December. As always, when talking Disney, everything revolves around eating.
So I impatiently wait. I research and tweak what I can of my plan. I'm sending out holiday cards this week so they'll be out of my way (and yes, they are heavily Mickey-themed would you expect anything less?) I am making shrinky dinks ornaments for my all-Disney Christmas tree. If I finish those I think I'll buy some fabric and make a mantle cover like the one I saw on Disneyshopping.com. I don't have a mantle but it would look great on my TV stand. 
Read the blog title. I visit Mickey Every Day!

1 comment: