Welcome to my refuge :)

Disney has become a daily retreat for me. We may only spend 10 days there a year (more if I'm truly blessed), but I have found that making Mickey a part of my daily life makes me feel much better. So I'm running with it! Luckily I have a patient husband and a laptop computer that allows me to do endless searching and planning. This blog is developing out of that. You are welcome to come along for the ride and offer your advice. I don't claim to be an expert, just a lover of the experience!

Right now whenever a post says "Update" that means it is a 2011 trip update and if you click on the tab with that date on it you can read that update.



Monday, November 22, 2010

My Countdown Clock May Be Moving In Reverse

Well if moving back 56 days sounded unappealing moving back 70 days sounds worse. But there may be a method to my madness.
As I explored the idea that an August trip would be more economical, I realized it is also when Disney World does their annual Pin Celebration. Being a huge pin freak, this sounded like an opportunity. We've never been there at that time. I'm usually headed back to school at that time.
My work situation is currently a little up in the air, which makes the planning of this difficult.
September 9th-11th, 2011
as I looked into this I couldn't find dates for a pin event. and then I found The Florida Project. September 9-11 at Epcot. It is a trading celebration that will be extra special because this is Disney World's 40th Anniversary. I think it would be amazing to be at. And with the money we saved on the trip, we could easily afford to attend the celebration.
Of course this is hurricane season in Florida but that's a minor detail :)

1 comment:

  1. At least you are inland if its hurricane season!!! An anniversery celebration sounds even neater!!! But you are going to have to stop this madness because you will soon be into the next YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete