Welcome to my refuge :)

Disney has become a daily retreat for me. We may only spend 10 days there a year (more if I'm truly blessed), but I have found that making Mickey a part of my daily life makes me feel much better. So I'm running with it! Luckily I have a patient husband and a laptop computer that allows me to do endless searching and planning. This blog is developing out of that. You are welcome to come along for the ride and offer your advice. I don't claim to be an expert, just a lover of the experience!

Right now whenever a post says "Update" that means it is a 2011 trip update and if you click on the tab with that date on it you can read that update.



Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday Disney-Related Purchases

Okay, had I had more money, this could have gone into seriously dangerous territory. But I was good.
I found these awesome clearance folders, notebooks and  composition books called Cover Creators.
They come with blank white covers and large printable stickers. There is a website where you design the cover and then print it on the sticker, which then goes on the notebook or folder. This will be perfect for all my Disney planning. (Lord knows I don't already have 100 notebooks started, but these will be cute!) They were only $1.50 a piece and they retail for $4.99 so I'm happy with my purchase.

I made it out of the rest of the stores Disney-free because Jim said no to the $50 inflatable Santa Mickey for the yard at Menards :(

I got home and checked my e-mail. DisneyStore.com was having a Black Friday sale too. Now my tree is only allowed to have hedgehog ornaments and Disney ornaments on it so I'm always looking for either of them. DisneyStore kind of had both! They had a ton of $5 ornaments which with the extra 20% off were only $4. I tried to stay realistic and limited myself to 3 items. Two are ornaments and one is a hedgie for my collection, Mr. Pricklepants!
Mickey & Minnie

Fantasmic
Finally, a Mr. Pricklepants for my collection!

Not too bad. Tree skirt is re-made. Looks much better this time. Hoping to decorate the tree today and maybe work on some other crafts this weekend!


2 comments:

  1. How cute! Who knew there were HEDGEHOG collectables out there???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would be amazed at the size and scope of my hedgehog collection. It's actually more impressive than my Mickey stuff because it's so much harder to come by. My favorites are when I double dip like Mr. Pricklepants and a Winnie the Pooh I have from Disneyland Japan that is dressed in a hedgehog costume.

    ReplyDelete