Welcome to my refuge :)

Disney has become a daily retreat for me. We may only spend 10 days there a year (more if I'm truly blessed), but I have found that making Mickey a part of my daily life makes me feel much better. So I'm running with it! Luckily I have a patient husband and a laptop computer that allows me to do endless searching and planning. This blog is developing out of that. You are welcome to come along for the ride and offer your advice. I don't claim to be an expert, just a lover of the experience!

Right now whenever a post says "Update" that means it is a 2011 trip update and if you click on the tab with that date on it you can read that update.



Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hollywood Studios Called Me!!!

Wednesday I got an email from a woman named Sonia. It said she had called the week before (a week earlier our lovely cable company did this neat trick where they allowed us to make but not receive calls...we didn't know until two days later...grrr...). She needed to change our reservation to Dine with an Imagineer. We had scheduled this for the Fourth of July at The Brown Derby. I had thought it was odd they were offering it on a holiday but signed up since it was available and I knew we would be there. Well, it wasn't suppose to be.

I returned Sonia's call (to Hollywood Studios) and left a message for her to call me. She did and she explained that the date never should have been booked. They were re-booking those of us that had scheduled for the 4th.

The problem for me was this is only offered on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Those were not the most flexible days in my already planned schedule.

I thought quickly, consulting my 11 x 17  full-color draft of our schedule and I told Sonia what we'd take. She assured me if this didn't work I could let her know. She had that Disney Magic "niceness".

Then my real work began. This involved making six changes to our dining plan to accommodate the change to the Dine with the Imagineeer. It was crazy figuring out what changes needed yo be made and my heart stopped for a second each time I cancelled an old reservation. I think it will be worth it. I am getting faster at those ressies.

I still think the phone looks impressive. The readout says "Hollywood Studios". It's for me!

1 comment:

  1. The complications!!!! I can see why it takes so long to plan!

    ReplyDelete