Welcome to my refuge :)

Disney has become a daily retreat for me. We may only spend 10 days there a year (more if I'm truly blessed), but I have found that making Mickey a part of my daily life makes me feel much better. So I'm running with it! Luckily I have a patient husband and a laptop computer that allows me to do endless searching and planning. This blog is developing out of that. You are welcome to come along for the ride and offer your advice. I don't claim to be an expert, just a lover of the experience!

Right now whenever a post says "Update" that means it is a 2011 trip update and if you click on the tab with that date on it you can read that update.



Monday, October 4, 2010

Mickey Every Day... OH REALLY!?!

Where has time gone? Where have I been? Am I really devoted to the idea of Mickey Every Day?

I don't know. At home. More so than ever.

Time really has gotten away from me. Since mid-September I have been home from work on medical leave and you would think that would give me lots of time to update my blog. That has not however, been the case. This situation does however put my Mickey Mess in to a tailspin once again. I believe last time I wrote I was concerned that it put our Summer 2011 trip in jeopardy because of financial reasons. Well, a strange twist of fate has resulted in me getting to have a much needed operation in the relatively near future meaning I will have a return date for work. Work means I can keep my date with Mickey!

Now I am especially excited about planning this trip to Florida because if my surgery goes as expected this could be my first pain free (or almost) trip that I've ever taken with my husband! This is going to be one BIG celebration! Suddenly, the 2011 Disney theme "Let the Memories Begin" has much more meaning to me. Yes, I have high hopes, but what I have always loved about Disney is that they usually find a way to exceed them.

So I'm currently in limbo waiting to hear when my surgery will be, but my goal over the next few days is to write Emily W. my fabulous Magic for Less travel agent and get some quotes. I think I'll come up with at least two options for her to price although I already know what I'd prefer. I'm still feeling like I'd better hedge my bets, just in case. I keep telling Jim all it takes is $200 down now to book the trip. Plane tickets are even reasonable right now- under $400 for both of us round-trip.

So hopefully it is apparent to you that I am obsessed as ever. I am buying pumpkins this week to decorate with Mickey and friends and as a parting gift today, I share the link for decorating them with you. Disney Character Pumpkins

P.S. Don't forget to check out the Guest Blogs on the right. I should have four a month through at least December at Mouse for Less. I'll tell you more about that one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment