Welcome to my refuge :)

Disney has become a daily retreat for me. We may only spend 10 days there a year (more if I'm truly blessed), but I have found that making Mickey a part of my daily life makes me feel much better. So I'm running with it! Luckily I have a patient husband and a laptop computer that allows me to do endless searching and planning. This blog is developing out of that. You are welcome to come along for the ride and offer your advice. I don't claim to be an expert, just a lover of the experience!

Right now whenever a post says "Update" that means it is a 2011 trip update and if you click on the tab with that date on it you can read that update.



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bummer-Maybe next year!

Mickey Moms Club

This was at the top of an e-mail I got today.

It was not an e-mail telling me I had moved on to the next round of the 2011 Walt Disney World Moms Panel.

I am a loser. Well, maybe next year- I'll be much better prepared. Here's part of what they had to say:


On behalf of all of us at Disney Destinations, LLC, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to apply for the 2011 Walt Disney World® Moms Panel.
We realize how hectic it can be to keep a family going day-to-day, so we truly appreciate the effort you put into your application. It was clear just how much you do for those you love and the inspiring role Disney plays in your life. We were incredibly delighted by the heartfelt response and very humbled by the special stories you shared in your application.
Having received thousands of entries, you can imagine how difficult it was narrowing the field to the next round.
While you were not among those selected, we are very grateful that you took the time to enter and share your love of Walt Disney World® Resort with us.
When we searched that first year for the inaugural Walt Disney World Moms Panel, we never anticipated the overwhelming response we would receive. And because of the breadth of entries we received, we created a special online club, the Mickey Moms Club, for the moms and dads who took the time to apply and share their passion for Disney with us.  To which, you are currently a member.
Thank you sincerely for your application.
Truly,
Laura

Although I am not a mom, that isn't suppose to matter. It is unclear as to exactly what  they are looking for. I believe I only had to write answers to four questions. Clearly a love of Disney and the Mouse isn't enough or I'd be on to round 2 but I understand that I am not alone in those sentiments. I hope to expand my knowledge but Moms Club may always be a dream.

Of course it was Walt who said " If you can dream it, you can achieve it.!"

No comments:

Post a Comment