Welcome to my refuge :)

Disney has become a daily retreat for me. We may only spend 10 days there a year (more if I'm truly blessed), but I have found that making Mickey a part of my daily life makes me feel much better. So I'm running with it! Luckily I have a patient husband and a laptop computer that allows me to do endless searching and planning. This blog is developing out of that. You are welcome to come along for the ride and offer your advice. I don't claim to be an expert, just a lover of the experience!

Right now whenever a post says "Update" that means it is a 2011 trip update and if you click on the tab with that date on it you can read that update.



Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Get It Done!

I need Pascal in my life.
He'd make me get things done.
With six days until my surgery I am beginning (who am I kidding-I'm there!) to freak out because this trip is not booked yet. I have a few unanswered questions and every time Jim and I try to find time to get them answered something else pops up. Yesterday is was this crazy mess with my long-term disability paper work.
I'd really like to get this taken care of SOON. I don't want to deal with this next week when I have the trial in. I'm sure I could, I'd just prefer not to.
This weekend we have 10 dozen cookies to make because Jim knows I usually like to participate in his cookie swap at work. This time its crazy timing but I'm sure the two of us will have fun and it will take our minds off the upcoming stress of next week. Plus you know our Christmas cookies are going to be Mickey in some way.
So back to trip planning (see I'm scattered) as I think about things, I start to doubt my plans. Do I have too many character meals planned? Should we eat breakfast early or late? The best laid plans of men when visiting mice...
But before I can make reservations I really need to book a trip!!! We need to decide about insurance, the Keys to the Kingdom tour, and if we're booking our trip as a package or as Annual Passholders. I think I may have just discovered why I have a headache :)
We're close. As much as I would have liked to saved money by moving the trip back, job uncertainties didn't allow it and I am glad that means I get to go visit my Orlando friends sooner. It seems like its been so long since I've seen them. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Anxiously waiting for you to finalize so I can live vicariously through your vacation plans. Hoping your headache and health behave long enough! Your cookie making came at just the right time so you can't worry TOO much about your surgery!

    ReplyDelete