Welcome to my refuge :)

Disney has become a daily retreat for me. We may only spend 10 days there a year (more if I'm truly blessed), but I have found that making Mickey a part of my daily life makes me feel much better. So I'm running with it! Luckily I have a patient husband and a laptop computer that allows me to do endless searching and planning. This blog is developing out of that. You are welcome to come along for the ride and offer your advice. I don't claim to be an expert, just a lover of the experience!

Right now whenever a post says "Update" that means it is a 2011 trip update and if you click on the tab with that date on it you can read that update.



Thursday, December 9, 2010

Closing the Loop

Great time for Disney to figure out computers- NOT! For a while not this little gap existed that if you were staying on site you could actually book your ADRs (Advanced Dining Reservations each morning online starting at 190 days instead of 180 days. I have had my plans set for months as some of you know.
Well at the end of November and beginning of December, Disney did some needed upgrades to their computer system. It has however, ELIMINATED MY LOOP!

This means I am stuck making ADRs on December 31st. So is Jim.  This makes me nervous because I feel less confident that I will get everything I want, when I want it. . Between now and the 31st when pain allows, I have to come up with a plan about who asks for what on the computer and who asks for what on the phone. I will have to take Jim through some trainings on the computer so he knows what to expect. ADR boot camp if you will. It will have to be very fluid that morning because everything will depend of when we get Cinderella's Royal Table. This should be very interesting for our first attempt at this.Since 2011 is going to be our year I have no doubt it will go great!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I never thought that dining reservations took so much planning, BUT I have never been anywhere with the volume of Disney either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't book Cinderella at 7:00 am at 180 days out you usually don't get it...crazy.

    ReplyDelete