Welcome to my refuge :)

Disney has become a daily retreat for me. We may only spend 10 days there a year (more if I'm truly blessed), but I have found that making Mickey a part of my daily life makes me feel much better. So I'm running with it! Luckily I have a patient husband and a laptop computer that allows me to do endless searching and planning. This blog is developing out of that. You are welcome to come along for the ride and offer your advice. I don't claim to be an expert, just a lover of the experience!

Right now whenever a post says "Update" that means it is a 2011 trip update and if you click on the tab with that date on it you can read that update.



Thursday, August 4, 2011

How to make THIS trip your favorite

I can honestly say that our past trip was my favorite trip to Walt Disney World ever. I have a few things that I think made it so perfect.

  • When your spending that much time with the people you love, give everyone a little wiggle room to be themselves. For Jim that just meant letting him have some time reading his books after a day at the parks.
  • Try something new. If you've been there before you know what you love. Find something new to love. If you want to know what I found, explore my blog.
  • Don't force a schedule. With Deluxe Dining we were tied to our ADRs so we tried to let everything else kind of flow.
  • On longer trips don't be afraid of taking days off. We found after two days in the park we needed a bit of a breather to do nothing.
  • Plan ahead (or if you work with me at Academy Travel let me plan) so that once you are on vacation, you are really on vacation and don't have to stress the details because they're already planned.
  • Know that the things you don't get to this time, will be there next time. Next May, Keys to the Kingdom already has two people ready to tour.
  • Do the things you like more than once if you want. We did Toy Story four times and Star Tours three. There are things we didn't get to but we love those two rides.

These are just some hints I have. Keep in mind there is no such thing as a perfect trip other than the one you're planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment